In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.

Unfortunately for Barcelona's Ousmane Dembele, though, it has almost been certain that across his recent years, he's battled with injuries, which suggests Manchester United were correct to ignore the never-ending noise that linked the club with the player.

Just like death and taxes are certain, United have inevitably been linked with a transfer for Dembele for what seems an eternity now and, while those reports grew tedious long ago, fresh details have emerged linking the Frenchman to Old Trafford.

United's transfer policy has been scrutinised since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, but their stance on Dembele has always been the right one. The winger is a free agent at the end of the season, however, this shouldn't change United's view on the player.

With United refusing to be lured in by the temptation of signing Dembele, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer landed the right-winger he really wanted this summer when finally securing Jadon Sancho's signature after last year's talks collapsed.

Dembele and Sancho both earned reputations as some of Europe's brightest talents - albeit years apart - at Borussia Dortmund, but bringing the latter to the club instead of Dembele already seems the right decision, regardless of Sancho's recent displays.

However, Sancho wasn't the only winger that United had identified as a viable alternative to Barcelona's Dembele.

United signed Facundo Pellistri from Penarol for £9m and Amad from Atalanta for £37m last year and, while neither youngster is yet to establish themselves in Solskjaer's first team, both players arrived with vast potential with their ceilings yet to be reached.

Dembele, however, has already arguably reached his maximum potential, which has been sadly hampered by injuries.

The framework for Amad to leave United on loan to Feyenoord to accelerate his development was agreed in August, but the 19-year-old sustained a thigh muscle injury in training and that put an end to the proposed move - he's since been in recovery.

Amad made his return to return to full training on Friday morning and Solskjaer offered an update on the player.

“That would have been a good time for him [to leave on loan],” Solskjaer told United’s website.

“Like I’ve said already, injuries are a part of it and that was a bad injury for him, timing-wise. He was looking very sharp. He trained again this morning and we’ll give him time to get up to match and full fitness again.

"If he gets first-team games, Under-23s games. Let’s evaluate again in January what’s best for him.”

So, it seems Amad could finally leave United on loan in January and that could take him to another level and prepare him to breakthrough into United's first team next season, which won't be easy considering the wealth of attacking talent at the club.

Regardless of if Amad does make that breakthrough - this also applies to Pellistri - or not, the decision to bring him to the club was a calculated move whereas bringing Dembele to Manchester would have been an unnecessary gamble.

United got their transfer policy right on this occasion.